Leadership

What I did for leadership for my class School of Rock was a program called Bridge. What is Bridge you may be asking? Well, the bridge is a program that teaches teens out the music-making industry specifically the rap industry. You start out by getting into a group and getting to know the people in your group. Then you select a beat donated to the Bridge program that you want to build your song on. Once you have your beat, as a team you start building your song for the next few weeks. After you build that song you practice with your group for another few weeks. finally after practicing and getting the song perfect you go to the studio and record it.

One thing I want to talk about was the people that I was working with. I was lucky to be in a group with one of my good friends Jordan a.k.a Hrshe. He is an awesome dude and we always have fun when hanging out. his style of music is much different than mine. He is more of an emo mumble rapper while I’m more an R&B party rapper, more to the side of hip hop as well so we disagreed on how the song should go. There was this girl named Mo who was also really cool but I don’t remember her contributing at all to the song, she was just kinda there. There was a dude named Jacob (I think, I’m not 100% sure) who was chill and a fun dude to work with. And finally, there were these two other girls who I forgot their names but their style was definitely low-fi. Overall, all these guys were really fun to jam out with.

Some of my experiences were different from the program. Unfortunately due to the Coronavirus, we could not record our song so I really have nothing to take away from the protect except experience working with other creators. Overall it was a great experience. I hope things with this virus die down so I can participate in the next project.

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment